Many manufacturers are reaching a turning point regarding their quality and document management systems. Faced with the need to automate paper-based systems or replace outdated legacy systems due to an increasingly complex business environment, the majority of manufacturers are either planning for, or actively considering, a modern quality management system (QMS).
While no technology solution, cloud or otherwise, is a silver bullet, cloud solutions are increasingly the QMS mode of choice among major manufacturers across industries.
Here are a few reasons to consider modernizing your QMS and document management system with a cloud solution:
1. Establish global visibility and collaboration:
- Lack of visibility into supplier quality is a growing concern among manufacturing leaders with direct impact not only on product quality but also on operational efficiency and costs.
- Cloud-based solutions address this by providing real-time visibility into content and quality management processes for all internal and external stakeholders.
- A cloud platform makes it easy and secure for all parties to collaborate from anywhere in the world on any device on one single solution.
2. Simplify complexity:
- An LNS survey of manufacturing leaders found more than 50% identified “disparate quality systems and data sources” as their top quality challenge.
- A unified, modern platform for quality processes and document management resolves this issue by creating a seamless single source of truth for all stakeholders.
- Any changes to quality documents or processes can be implemented and quickly communicated to all applicable stakeholders.
3. Faster implementation, instantly updated:
- Cloud-based solutions are more scalable, deploy faster, and are easier to maintain than on-premise legacy options.
- The simple user experience leads to rapid, consistent adoption across the user base and subsequently more stakeholder engagement in quality processes.
- Automatically pushed updates with built-in best practices mean you’re always using the latest version.
It is clear that unified, cloud-based QMS and document management solutions are necessary to fully meet today’s manufacturers’ complex business and compliance requirements.
As LNS research reported, “By managing audit, risk, and compliance separately, companies are leaving important value behind, since most of these processes are inherently connected with one another. Viewed holistically, these processes can drive significantly more value for companies.”
Sources: LNS Research “The Global State of EQMS,” and Markets and Markets “Quality and Lifecycle Management Software Market”
Mickey Landkof is a known expert in the field of quality management systems with over 25 years of experience in technical and sales engineering in highly regulated industries. For the last seven years, Mickey has worked with market-leading SaaS companies focused on quality management systems, environmental health and safety, and document management. He has experience with Fortune 500 companies as well as startups, and was a key contributor in two successful start-up acquisitions. Mickey earned a bachelor of science degree in industrial engineering from the Israel Institute of Technology and an MBA from the University of British Columbia.